What Issues Can a Missing Cap Lead to?
When your dental crown comes out of your mouth, you will need to know the ideal ways to protect your restoration. Crowns can pop off due to cavities, trauma, and even bruxism. Although a crown popping off can be worrisome, our professionals at Made Ya Smile Pearland, TX want to help. Our team can assess your tooth to discover the correct course of action to fix your smile at our Pearland, TX practice. We could also assess the tooth to discover the reason it fell out, forwarding us the most ideal course of action to prevent harmful bacteria from accessing the inner cavity of the tooth. In short, you have to care for the tooth promptly before it can become hard to fix.
Actions to take when your dental crown falls off
After a crown has come out, adhere to these instructions to effectively protect your tooth:
- Take the crown out of your mouth: Try not to lose it. As soon as you take out your crown, place it in a sanitary cloth to bring to our practice.
- Reach out to an emergency care dental practitioner: Contact Made Ya Smile Pearland, TX to come in for an emergency appointment to have your crown fixed.
- Utilize nonpermanent filling material: This works to guard the tooth until your dental visit and make sure no food gets lodged into the fractured tooth. It's important to clean the tooth well before covering it with the filling substance.
- Clean it: Good oral hygiene is always necessary, but it's especially essential in the event that you have a crown that has come off. Clean your mouth with warm salt water after meals to eradicate bacteria.
- Be careful with what you eat: When you’re suffering from tooth tenderness or pain, attempt to chew your food on the other side of the mouth.
When you follow these guidelines, you can guarantee that you’re not harming it.
What do dental crowns do?
Crowns are coverings that are positioned directly over an existing tooth. Dental crowns are provided to reinstate a tooth with an extreme cavity or to protect the remaining portion of the enamel from further damage. They also help keep your bite straight. Before preparing the tooth for a dental crown, individuals will receive a numbing injection to stay at ease throughout the procedure. The instant the patient is numb, we address the tooth by getting rid of all damage. The impacted tooth may be remolded later to match the height of adjacent teeth.
How many years do dental crowns last?
It's necessary to understand that dental crowns aren’t permanent. Try not to clench or grind your teeth since this friction could damage your dental crown. A personalized night guard might help protect your crown, as well as your natural teeth. Also, don’t bite down on solid objects or foods, such as ice, pens, or certain kinds of candy. When you commit to great oral hygiene, comprehensive oral exams, and biannual cleanings, dental crowns can stay in good shape for up to 15 – 20 years.
Learn more about dental crown repair in Pearland, TX
At Made Ya Smile Pearland, TX, our dental professionals will examine your tooth to determine the best dental crown repair approach. Depending on how much of it is damaged, we might be able to address it with resin. However, your crown may have to be remodeled. In more serious cases, a new crown might be needed. Contact our Pearland, TX practice today to schedule an emergency dentist appointment for crown repair.